University of Denver
Media, Film & Journalism Studies
Terms and Conditions for Use of Video Facilities and Equipment: In an effort to provide excellent quality of service to DU Faculty, Staff, and Students, the following rules are established for facilities and equipment use.
MFJS Equipment Rental Policy
Equipment Reservations: Equipment and facilities scheduling, for both students and faculty, is done via the online registration system located at https://mfjsdu.getconnect2.com - please submit requests with as much advance notice as possible. There is no guarantee that equipment request will be approved.
- Requests are fulfilled on a “first come, first served” basis, while considering the following priority status criteria:
- First Priority: MFJS faculty and students for use in video production classes and related assignments.
- Second Priority: MFJS students enrolled in independent study with the sponsorship of an MFJS Film Production Faculty member.
- Third Priority: All other use will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Equipment and facilities requests are not official until approved by the MFJS Faculty, Equipment Manager, and/or Director of Technical Services.
- Equipment Office ("cage") will be open for pickup and drop-off at the times posted on the equipment site homepage linked above. The booking system will only allow bookings during cage open hours. Students are responsible for pickup/return of equipment according to the posted cage schedule and the times selected in a booking. Requests for cage assistance outside of cage hours will be handled at the discretion of the MFJS Faculty, Equipment Manager, and/or Director of Technical Services.
Liability: All persons scheduled to use the MFJS equipment are responsible for their correct operation. Please ask if you need assistance! Renters will be held financially liable for damage done to equipment and/or facilities due to user-error.
- All persons scheduled to use the MFJS equipment are liable for all production activities and personnel under their supervision. Renters will be held financially liable for loss, damage, or theft of the facilities and/or equipment.
- At no time will the University of Denver be responsible for liability from injury or accidents, or from the failure to follow the MFJS Facilities Policy, or failure to follow applicable laws, or failure to obtain necessary clearances or permits, or failure to properly credit your sources within your film.
Rental Duration: Equipment rental duration will be between 2-days and 10-weeks, depending on the course/assignment requirements. Each booking will have a clear pickup and return time, and the renter is responsible to return gear before the due date.
- Equipment must be returned by the agreed upon return date, as noted in MFJS policy. Failure to do so without legitimate cause will result in a “strike” on the student’s record.
- Reservations can be cancelled using the online equipment reservation system. Reservations are automatically cancelled if you do not collect the reservation within one day of the time requested on your reservation. MFJS reserves the right to cancel a reservation for any reason.
- Equipment must be picked up and returned by the individual on the reservation forms. In all cases, the responsibility of the equipment remains with the student listed on the reservation form.
- A $20.00 late fee will be assessed per-item, per-day, for failure to return equipment by the deadline. If equipment is not returned within one week of the due date, it will be considered lost, and the fee will be the full cost of the equipment replacement. Any equipment returned late, without legitimate cause, will result in a “strike” on the student’s record and relevant fees.
- In the case of nonworking or damaged equipment, immediately stop use and notify the MFJS Equipment Desk. Any problems concerning equipment must be immediately reported to the MFJS Faculty, Equipment Manager, and/or Director of Technical Services. Do not attempt to open or repair equipment that is not functioning.
- Returned equipment will be inspected and evaluated within 24 hours of return. If, during this evaluation period, a problem is found that was not originally reported, the previous user will be contacted immediately. The renter is liable for all damages resulting from misuse, loss, or negligence.
- Individuals not complying with the terms and conditions for use of MFJS facilities and equipment will lose privileges and incur fees for loss/damage/theft or late return of equipment. All fees or invoices for must be paid within 30 days of invoice. Failure to pay fines or charges will result in further legal action, including DU Records Holds (transcripts and diplomas), or Registration holds (registration and application), until the matter is resolved.